Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween '09 "Sea Crustaceans"

Seahorse Corina


"Crabby" Crab Rylec

My super lovable Sea Crustaceans

We had a super fun Halloween this year. I have a feeling it will be hard to top it in the coming years (doesn't mean I wont try). Happy with the costumes, weather was perfect, The moon was perfect, lots of cousins to Trick-or-Treat with, and lots of candy.
I don't know if anyone may remember, but a whole year ago the day after Halloween Corina told me she wanted to be a seahorse the following year and I thought it could be a fun challenge and at least I had a year to "think" about it. After almost a year went by and I asked her again a month prior she said she still wanted to be a seahorse, eek! So with a few creative ideas up my sleeve I started working on it a couple weeks in advance and VUALA.. the result! I was honestly pretty nervous it wouldn't look like a seahorse at all, but honestly I'm actually pretty proud of myself, with no sewing machine, a desire to make it on a low budget, and not a lot of costume experience I don't think I did too bad.
Now Rylec's costume was Daddy's idea after I asked for his help on what he should be he knew immediately and I loved the idea and going with the theme of Sea Crustaceans. Unfortunately Ry was pretty cranky on Halloween this year (not really sure why) so it just fit the costume so well and we just called him "crabby". Half the time he didn't want to wear his costume so we just carried it around saying he was too "crabby" to wear his crab costume.
...and btw Rylec's may look way cheap, but that's because it was. Pretty proud of that too, spent less than a buck on it, ha, beat that! :D jk (thanks to my friend Amy's paper plate idea).
Corina's probably totalled a little less than $8, but seriously still happy with that.

4 comments:

Tim and Lisa said...

Great job! Those are so cute!

heather mann said...

those are beyond awesome! great job!

Kimra Bham said...

Very cute, and very clever! Glad to hear you had a great Halloween!! :)

Delee said...

So cute! I love them!!