So last night I was breifly watching the news when I saw a story about an avalanche wiping out a beautiful home near Leavenworth. I breifly saw the picture of it and I thought to myself "nooo, it couldnt be".
Well the next day...being today...I got a phone call from my Mom to tell me the news. This was the house we stayed in one year ago with my whole family. It was this house that was wiped off its foundation from a 3/4 mile long avalanche. Very thankfully no one was in it when it happened. If they were it is pretty definate they would not have survived.
I must say I was very sad to hear this news. I know its not something eternal to be sad about, but my family and I know what a wonderful memory this was to stay there. My dad was so excited to be able to find a beautiful place like this to stay. This home was very new too. One year ago my family was one of the first guest to stay in this home. The owner was a friend of my Dad's. Our hearts go out to Carl Shaw and his family. We are soo glad to know that no one was hurt, but so devistated in the loss of such a beautiful home with so much heart put into it. It really seamed this house was on a very solid foundation...it's just sooo hard to beleive this really happened.
The picture with the water fall was the picture I took out the back window and thats where the avalanche came down from. It was such a beautiful view!
The next picture is inside the house in front of the beautiful fire place.

from sunrise to sunset.
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment