Sunday, April 26, 2009

"The One Eyed Crab"




Oh my goodness I CANNOT get over how YUMMY this food was! So Jay and I had such a wonderful time on our Ocean getaway this weekend and for one of our meals we ate at this restaurant.
Now as a side note, I must say I have suffered off and on from seafood allergies my whole life and Jay has not had any real good experiences with seafood throughout his as well, therefore we've always thought that we are not seafood people. Well lately I've been able to eat a few more seafood dishes without breaking out...so we decided to be adventurous/daring while we were on vacation and surrounded by seafood.
So we were told 'this' place was "good", but that was not true it was "GREAT".
First of all we had a super nice waitress who decided we had waited too long for our seat and since we were nice to her because she cut her hand in the kitchen earlier (which was why we had to wait) she was gonna give us free dessert (white chocolate raspberry cheescake...so yummy). And we didn't even mind the wait, we just thought "BONUS". So anyway, when it came time to order I was like "that's IT I know I've had allergies with crab in the past a few times, but I really really want to try a crab dish and I don't care if I break out in hives. Jay was concerned, but I promised him its never been anywhere close to serious so I'm doing it 'cause I just had to know what I've been missing. Jay was also feeling more daring than usual and decided to get a crab dish as well. So I ordered the Fettucine Alfredo with crab meat and Jay ordered a crab salad sandwhich. OH MY GOSH! Yummy Yummy Yummy, I want more people I am feeling tortured that I can't eat my leftovers tomorrow for lunch(since I left them there)! But its okay I'll calm down...I think I'll just try and create the dish myself at home someday, though I know it will never compare. So basically everyone go try this place if you ever go to Westport...its by the Marina.
Our New Discovery/Revelation...Crab is Delicous
Or as I said yesterday to Jay...I think we are just fans of fancified seafood

0 comments: