Thursday, August 6, 2009

Last week of July HEAT WAVE!

Yeah alright so I know all the other bloggers already blogged about this, but I'm doing this for the journal sake again and I'm trying to get all caught up on my bloggin.
I can't not write about the HIGHEST RECORDED HEAT WAVE EVER in the Northwest. Seriously our thermostat said 106 degrees and it was H-O-T. I feel sooo guilty though and actually a little ridiculously left out of the right to complain. My wonderful parents invited us to stay with them at their A/C house. Of course the room we stayed in, the A/C wasn't as up to par as the rest of the house (come on... I gotta complain about something), but it was nothing compared to when we stepped outside. I was soo worried about everyone out there that didn't have a way to get cool. I can't imagine how it may have felt a little panicky and just no fun.
But on the other hand...like the positive side...it was kinda fun too. I don't have any pictures of the peak days of the heat wave, but I have a few pics from a few days before when my Mom was watching my niece and nephew while my sister was at Girls camp for her ward. The kids were so cute just livin' in there swimsuits and playing in the little kitty pool.
On the second night we stayed there and it was just a little cooler than the night before, but still in the 90's at 8:00... I took my kids out in the back yard and just let them run pretty much naked...well can you blame me, first of all Ry did his business in his diaper so that had to come off and then Corina wanted to get down to her underwear and just get as wet as they wanted to. Basically my kids were pretty much taking a bath in the "bath warm water kitty pool" in my parents back yard, all because of the heat. It was such a moment in time to remember. There cute little bodies just so free to run around in the super warm air so late at night. Wish I had pictures, but then again I wouldn't put them up for weirdos to see anyway. Don't know if we'll ever experience anything like it again up here. I sure loved soaking it all up, oh and the water too :) (haha)
So here's the pics from earlier that week with Julian and Chloe too.


Everybody digging for coins in the kitty pool, and Rylec's not afraid of the soap

MMMOOOOWWA!



1 comments:

Laura Bloomfield said...

I'm glad that you had so much fun in the heat! It's always good to be at Grandma's, no matter the weather!