1st Week of July
I don't have any pictures to show for. We had a same old good 4th of July, but ya know I already have enough pics of fireworks and my kids in their jammies from the years before. So it was pretty much the same, but still good and fun.
2nd Week of July
So two days after the 4th of July I had planned to take a trip up to my sisters in Davenport (a 5 hour drive) in Eastern Washington all by myself with my two kids, meaning Jay had to stay home to work and I planned to do this on my own. I was feeling very ambitious, excited and optimistic that I could do this and I was right. I'm quite proud of myself that I drove and planned it all on my own without any melt downs or freak outs.
First on my way down there I planned to stop in between Moses Lake and Ephrata to visit my good old time Friend from HS, Deidra. It was SOO great to catch up with her and what a good friend she is. We just picked up from where we left off even though we hadn't seen each other in years. She has an adorable little baby boy named Caiden and Teaches the 4th grade as she'd always planned to when we were in HS. We had such a good visit. She led me to a Taco place in Moses Lake for lunch and then a playground for the kids so we could do all our catching up while they got out there wiggles. It was a perfect plan as it was a little more than half way to my sisters. So once we said our good byes I got a few pics since its quite possible even more time will go by before we meet again.
...then on my way to my Sista Lindsey's House. So the bulk of the trip was on I-90 until I got off another smaller highway that would be over 30 min. long of driving with almost nothing in sight for the majority of the drive...I had to take a picture. And quite honestly I LOVED it. I really felt like I was escaping the city as I was craving to do. (please ignor the crack in the windshield just as I tried to do while driving too :D)
...Then finally we arrived at Lindsey's front door with my two kids beside me. She was so cute! She couldn't get over the fact that we made it and were standing right there at her door in her little, adorable town of Davenport. She was such a great hostess having her entire basement set up for guests and so comfortable and super cutely decorated. I honestly should have taken pictures, but I just didn't think to do so, bummer. The only thing I took pictures of from the rest of the trip was of us at the lake...Lake Roosevelt that is. It was at Porcupine Bay where it was a perfect beach for my kids. Besides the weather being a sorta off and on cloudy day it was a really nice time. My favorite part of the whole trip honestly though was staying up late after the kids went to sleep visiting and laughing and eating popcorn and m&m's with my sister just like we were teenagers sharing a room again....ahhh good memories. I love my silly sister Lindz and how she makes me laugh. We really had a great trip. Still a bit of work and patience with my little ones, I don't want to leave that honesty part out, but sooo worth it and I'm so glad I did it.
from sunrise to sunset.
7 years ago

1 comments:
You make me so jealous! I wish I could drive to see Kelly. You are so lucky to live within driving distance of family!
I am so glad that you had such a grea July!
Post a Comment