Wednesday, June 18, 2008

What a night!

I'm so glad this night is almost over.  Just to say the least, we had one child throwing up and another crying (for what felt like forever) 'til she finally went #2 in the potty...YEAH!

Its not like tonight was anything new I just thought I should blog about a night like this since I am sure I will forget all about it when someday I have one of my kids asking me if I ever remember how hard it was when the kids were young.
Its HARD!, but soooo worth it!  
First of all I must say how happy I am that our 3 year old has finally pooped in the potty for the 3rd time.  I always knew I would dread the day I had to potty train any of my kids and boy did I underestimate how hard it is.  I HATE potty training.  I am so happy that its getting better though.
Our Corina Bina is constantly learning knew things.  Like first of all after she was done going #2 on the potty this evening she said I'm such a big girl I went two times this week.  I looked at Jay to ask him if he said anything to her about it being in a week and he said "no".  She is figuring out what a week even is let alone she can sorta tell time, sound out letters, and did I mention...is almost completely potty trained :).  Okay I wont go on about all the tiny things.  Basically I don't want to be one of those moms who makes any other mom feel like their child should match any of these, nor do I want any one else to underestimate how amazing Corina truly is...I know she is the most amazing 3 year old she could possibly be and I'm so proud of her. 
Now for our Rylec...
Oh our sweet Rylec.  I just feel so bad for what our boy has had to endure.  From just a few weeks old he has been dealing with some kinda of issue.  First it was the crying and fussy nurser, along with colic (endless crying nights) second it was his scalp...terrible cradle cap, then a few months later (and still) its been eczema all over in different areas of his body.  And now that he's 6 months old and we try to give him solids...every time he throws up like crazy.  The first time we were so freaked out when it got to the point of him throwing up bile we took him into the ER.  Well of course they couldnt tell us anything we didnt already figure.  So we tried some food again a week later...same thing.  So now that is been a whole month plus we let him try just a tiny bit of a rice biscuit for babies at Jays moms house and of course, just a few hours later at home he's throwing up every possible thing in his system, dry heaving, and then some more bile.  I just cant stand it.  And its not like he's had anymore than a spoonful or two each time.  I want our boy to not have to deal with any of this anymore.  The only thing that is working great right now is Breastfeeding.  I am more than happy to breastfeed as long as he needs me to.  No I am not a hippy and I will not breastfeed him before he gets on the bus to go to school in the morning...hahaha, but if I nurse him past a year, by all means...I'll do whatever is best for my boy.  My mother nursed me til 18 months and I had the very same eczema that he did.  Today I suffer from very little allergies and I thank my mom for that.  
As for now, I am just glad this evening is over...and hopefully I wont be waking up too many times during the night...I'm sure at least a couple.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Honey!

I just want you to know how much I appreciate you during all the stressful times like this! You are a wonderful mommy and wife! I couldn't have asked for better!

Love ya! Gotta get back to work!

Thomas Family said...

Thanks so much honey, I love it that you posted a comment on our blog. Your always welcome to create your own posts if you ever get the opportunity. I know your busy.
Your such a hard working husband and Father too, I love you soo much!