Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Beach Trip!


Okay, so, yes, I am back (Kelly :)).  
I know I was putting off posting the pictures.  I think I just needed a few days to get back on track with myself and my family after being gone for a while.  Ya know the classic old feeling of needing a vacation from a vacation.  Don't get me wrong, we had a blast...its just hard with an infant sometimes (a bit less sleep, if you know what I mean).
So here are a few random pictures/ highlights of the trip if you want to call them that.  We had so much fun.  Honestly not one picture can really sum up all the fun the trip was.  We did get one very casual group picture, but only with one camera and I still haven't been emailed that yet.  Its getting harder to round up the group for a picture.  Our family keeps growing.  We had 5 grandkids on this trip now.  Our last two trips it was just the two cousin buddies, Corina and Julian.  Those two are still soo cute together.  Though we all had a great time, I honestly think Corina and Julian had the best time of all.  More than just cousins, I think they are pretty much best friends.
The house we stayed in was absolutely magnificent (thanks to my parents).  We were literally..right on the beach and the view was spectacular.  It was soo hard to leave after 8 days of waking up to the endless ocean view.  The view was not only completely open West, but there were big windows on the North and South sides of the house.  There was one big Great room (as they call it) that we were all able to gather in and cook, eat, play games and relax.  I soo miss that house, and especially the ocean!
I wanted to get a better picture of my little family by the ocean side, but the only day we got it...we totally didn't try hard to look good.  We were just cas'.
Of course the weather wasn't super warm...there were a few sunny days.  But I could care less....I just love love the ocean, warm or cold.  Its soo therapeutic!
The picture of that big four wheeler monster looking thing (if you don't already know what it is), is called a Dune Buggy.  Oh my word, that was awesome!  Seriously, that dune buggy ride was like a roller coaster.  The professional driver is the one taking the picture.  If you ever go to the Oregon Coast and see the dunes, its absolutely worth trying a dune buggy ride.  We did the more intense one and they even said 3 year olds can ride it...so we strapped Corina and Julian in it.  Once we started riding I honestly couldn't beleive we had three year olds on that thing with us.  Julian was an absolute riot, he was screaming with joy the whole time, he just loved it.  Corina on the other hand was trying so hard to hold back the tears, bless her heart, my sweet sensitive girl :(.  As for us adults, we sooo loved it!  Oh and my super nice parents watched the three littlest babies while us four girls and husband rode it too, that was so nice of them (they went back for their ride a few days later and had a big adventure themselves).
The beach bags were a gift from my parents for each of us girls and our families, they have our last name initials on them (so cool, and nice of them, they do something every year).
The beach was a great place for kite flying.
It was just a great trip all around...I think I'll just do a few more posts about it with other pics.
  











1 comments:

Kelly P said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your pictures. I can't wait to see the group picture!! I loved hearing about your trip. Looks like and sounds like you guys had a BLAST!!!!!