I had been wanting to make a post about this a while back, but I've wanted to include a picture of myself when I was a baby to help make my point or explain. I still dont have that, so maybe I'll just add that later.
Now anyway, to explain the title...
Many of you already know how our son suffers from eczema and it is usually the worst on his face, around the corners of his mouth and on his chin. Quite easily I can see how people can mistake this as food or maybe "fruit punch" or something on his face, I made that mistake about myself when looking at my very own baby pictures as a young child. Yes when I was a baby I looked almost identical to my son with the very same eczema on MY face. My mother never did figure out what exactly caused it and I eventually grew out of it sometime after my first Birthday. I of course hold that same hope for my son, but just like my mother I have done almost everything to figure it out and I do my best to keep it under control. Now why I am really blogging about this is I feel like I just need to get off my chest how tired I am of the times when we go out in public and people look at our son and they always say the same thing... "mmm, looks like he had something good to eat". I mean seriously people do you really think I would just leave a big mess all over my sons face and act like its no big deal. Well maybe some people would, but that's definitely not what I shoot for. I'm actually quite picky about cleanliness...some might say a little too picky, ehem. Of course I know I know no one means to offend me. In fact I am totally guilty of this exact mistake (as I mentioned earlier). I looked at my baby pictures when I was a young child and asked my Mom "Why didn't you clean my face, I always have a messy face in all my baby pictures". And well just like I would say now about Rylec, she defended herself to say that it was my eczema. Needless to say now I totally understand how my Mom felt.
So if you haven't known about all these details of our sons eczema and you've browsed through our blog and wondered why our sons face is always messy, well now you know he did not "have something good to eat" and I am not a neglectful Mother in cleaning my sons face. And for those of you who already knew or knew just because you may suffer from eczema yourself or know someone who does, Thanks for understanding, careing and always extending your helpful ideas on how to cure or soothe it. More ideas are always welcome (even though I've probably already tried most).
from sunrise to sunset.
7 years ago

0 comments:
Post a Comment