Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Making her Birthday Cake

So we were on a mission to make an ice cream cake.
At first we were gonna buy her one, but then we had a bit of sticker shock. So I decided to google for ideas. It took a bit of searching, but eventually I stumbled upon THIS idea...
uhu...you betcha...ice cream sandwiches covered with cool whip and topped with crunch bars.
It was simple and not fancy...but I'm still so proud..it was such a perfect situation that Corina got her ice cream cake she wanted, it was super cheap, she got to totally be involved in helping and
I think it was a hit. Everyone seamed like they enjoyed it at the party this evening so hurray for ice cream sandwich cakes :)

please note that she had a constant runny nose and I swear we wiped it every 15 min at least (once with her sleeve yes...it was an emergency and my hands were all gooped up)...yet you can still see it in the pictures (sigh)

Of course little brother didn't mind getting involved either

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

I am totally stealing this idea. I think it looks and sounds fantastic! You are a sweet mom to make Corina's birthday so special. Oh, and I meant to comment on your nursing post earlier...I love that entry. I feel the exact same way and you seemed to really capture the emotion and bond that comes with that experience. Definitely something you can reflect back on and remember how it felt!

We Three Madsens said...

What a great idea! How economically appropriate as well:) It looks like Corina had a wonderful birthday, I cant believe she is 4! Time sure flies. We need to get together soon and have a play date. Call me!

Tim and Lisa said...

You are the best mom ever! I love the cake, I will too steal that one. Sounds like the birthday is one of the best! Happy Birthday!